Located a short and easy drive from Seddon township, is located a substantial and widely known farm of approximately 558 hectares that has been in the same family since 1938. A well organised arable property with approximately 220 hectares of down land rolling upland terrain, the land has been well tracked and subdivided for ease of stock movement between paddocks.
There is water for irrigation to the boundary from the Awatere Irrigation Limited Scheme for any viticulture development. The stock water to all paddocks consists of troughs, dams and creeks. There is an annual fertiliser programme in place. Highly regarded for quality livestock over the years and an historic record of producing approximately 4000 stock units, this productive farming operation in this securely held valley is a once in a lifetime opportunity for a new purchaser to take up the reins. The provision of irrigation and a good area of flats, would allow for approximately 80ha of land to be developed for viticultural purposes and thereby, offering both farming and vineyard development in a sought-after location.
A well-formed road runs the width of the property and there is good infrastructure in place with a four-stand woolshed (750 N/P), dagging race and plant, footbath, three hay sheds, cattle yards, fertiliser bin, wire fencing (partial electric) and even an airstrip. There is mains electricity to the property and wireless connection available through Vodafone. There is a school bus to Seddon Primary School and a bus that collects about 500m from the property to the Secondary Schools in Blenheim. Featuring some of the most panoramic views out across this spectacular valley to the mountain ranges in the distance, this remarkable proposition awaits a new ownership.