• 194.6ha - well presented three bedroom home with double garage and sleepout
• Covered cattle yards and various implement / hay sheds
• Excellent water supply and approximately 100 paddocks
• Approximately 70ha Aponga Clay and balance Ohaeawai silt and bouldery silt loam soils
• Short river boundary and mature native trees
• Winters 400 cattle. All trading stock fattened.
This is a very attractive block of land in a sought after area with a fantastic mix of complementary seasonally strong soils.
Although much of the land is rocky, it is extremely good wintering country when it rarely stops and is very resistant to any pugging. It can tend in summer to dry but is first away again when the rain returns.
The house is set well back from the road and is conveniently located in proximity to an abundance of sheds and a good set of covered cattle handling facilities.
The water comes from a crystal clear spring and is pumped by HP to a couple of tanks and then gravity fed from there to a trough in every one of the approximately 100 paddocks.
The farm winters around 480 head of cattle of which in excess of 300 are usually rising 2 yr olds. There is also a herd of 80 breeding cows.
We are also marketing an adjoining 6ha lifestyle block for the same vendors with a 12 year old four bedroom home (KER28956) that could be purchased in conjunction with this property for those who prefer a second or more upmarket home.
This property is very well presented and very picturesque.